10 Reasons Zambia is Perfect for your Family Safari
30 August 2018
A family safari is a wonderfully enriching and rewarding experience for both children and adults. Unplugged from modern life, you can unwind and immerse together into the rhythms of life in the bush. If you’re seeking quality family time and life-changing experiences, Time + Tide Zambia is the perfect destination. Here’s why…
1. Zambia was ranked the safest country in the world for travel in 2018, based on the Global Peace Index.
2. We are immensely proud of our nation and love welcoming travellers from around the world with open arms.
3. Time + Tide’s two bed, two bath family suites allow families to enjoy the sights, sounds and sensations of life in the bush together. For large families, we have a four bed, four bath exclusive use house. Imagine falling asleep to a serenade of roaring lions and bellowing hippos.
4. We offer a wide range of activities to keep kids engaged and excited. Together you can canoe past elephants, track leopards on foot, go fishing for monster tigerfish or sleepout under the stars.
5. Our award-winning guides love inspiring the next generation of travellers and conservationists. There are also options for private guides, so your family can safari at their own pace.
6. Our bush camps are unplugged, so you will enjoy quality time together free from the distractions and screens of modern life.
7. We create delicious, healthy meals that can be tailored to your kids’ needs and preferences.
8. All of our experiences are designed for you to reconnect with nature and each other in a meaningful way, such as our signature Sleepout Under the Stars.
9. We have options for cultural experiences and interactions, such as traditional dance and visits to the local school. This is a wonderful way for your children to learn about different lifestyles and cultures from their own.
10. You’ll enjoy breakfast around the campfire, instead of a granola bar in the car; you’ll watch baby elephants splash in the river, instead of running errands; and you’ll go on game drives with lions, instead of sitting in traffic. What could be better?
Due to the adventurous nature of a safari, we have age restrictions in place for the safety of our guests and staff.
- Lower Zambezi - minimum age 8 in camp, and minimum age 12 for canoeing and walking activities.
- South Luangwa - minimum age 8 at Time + Tide Chinzombo / Kakuli / Mchenja and minimum age 12 at Time + Tide Nsolo / Luwi, all walking activities minimum age 12
- Liuwa Plain - minimum age on request
Photos by Will Burrard Lucas, Adrian Steirn and Dana Allen